Pages

2.05.2012

It's Getting Better All The Time...

After a hard push during the week, we've successfully managed to finish unpacking in the kitchen/living/dining room. The only boxes left in there hold the light fixtures that we're having installed throughout the condo (can lights aside, the existing fixtures are a motley assortment of hideous, non-functional, and cheap) and a few decorative items that will be hung on the walls. Both Justin and Mom are currently reluctant to hang anything on the pristine walls after they worked so hard to repair and paint them. They have a point, but I'm still eager to see my art collection go up on the walls. 

The primary space in our house is starting to look like a real home, not like some model dwelling. Check it out:

Can you spot Justin's Megazord from Power Rangers? The first time I ever saw it, I knew exactly what it was (I used to be a fan back in the day), and thought it was cool. At that moment, Justin knew he had found a good thing with me. Now Megazord has a place of honor in the home we share together.
We're also down to four boxes in the bedroom, consisting mostly of my out-of-season clothes, which I still haven't the faintest idea what I'll do with. Our closet is bursting at the seams as it is! I might have to invest in some Rubbermaid boxes and store them when they're not in use. Still, losing closet space is a small price to pay to be able to share a space with the man I love.

The only room that's still a disaster area is the second bedroom. Mom and Justin aren't finished painting around the window in there, so we haven't been able to start putting things on the bookcases underneath the window. As a result, books are piled up all over the room, on every conceivable surface. It's not pretty. 

Still, I'm very proud of the progress we've made. Our space is livable, and getting more attractive with every passing day. The end of this long process is in sight, and I couldn't be more relieved. Stay tuned for more photos as we finish the remaining rooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment