Pages

6.23.2011

I'm Getting Better...

Lately, I've been feeling like a terrible friend. You know that girlfriend of yours who dropped off the face of the planet once she met a guy? I'm pretty sure I've turned into that girl. I know it's healthy to maintain a life outside your partner, but it's hard not to succumb to the ease and comfort of spending all my time with my beloved. So, in the past couple weeks, I've been making a concerted effort to get back in touch with my girlfriends. I've fallen into a bi-weekly girls' night with a couple of high school friends, made lunch and dinner plans with others, and finally managed to schedule a reunion with my former coworkers Mireya and Natasha, who's recently been cleared to be around other people after receiving a stem cell transplant several months ago to treat her lupus.

Meeting these girls is one of the best things to come out of my time at CHM.

It's been great seeing everyone that I've gotten together with so far, and I'm looking forward to the plans I've scheduled in the next few weeks. Plus, I feel like less of a deadbeat friend. Spending time with Justin makes me undeniably, irrepressibly happy, but a girl needs to get an estrogen fix every now and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment