Pages

2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day...

Recently, the love song-dedicated Pandora station I sometimes listen to at work played, "All My Life" by K-Ci & JoJo, which brought back memories of all the slow dances I watched from the sidelines when I was thirteen, and all my friends were having their bar and bat mitzvahs. At that moment, I became acutely aware of how happy I am to be 25, and where I am in my life.

You see, for the first time in those 25 years, I am not going to be single on Valentine's Day. For the first time, I am not going going to sit around bitterly muttering under my breath about "Singles' Awareness Day" or
distracting myself with baked goods. Instead, for weeks, I've been happily looking forward to Valentine's Day, making plans and searching for the perfect card:

I ended up with this adorable creation from Etsy, selected based on Justin's fondness for Boolean logic.

Generally speaking, I've been floating around on cloud nine waiting for this holiday, and deflecting the comments of the Valentine's Day naysayers. It's true, we shouldn't (and don't) need a holiday to remind us to express our love to each other, but we are in love, and I think we deserve to celebrate that. I feel loved and appreciated by him every day, but I see nothing wrong with going the extra mile to show him how thankful I am on Valentine's Day. Sure, it's extravagant and a little impractical, but so is love. I am truly blessed to be so blissfully happy this Valentine's Day, and I'm not taking my good fortune for granted for a second. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such an incredible man in my life, so I'm going to yell it from the rooftops if I must: "Happy Valentine's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment